Welcome to Signed Sports Stuff!

Price: $65.00


Chris Brown San Francisco Giants Autographed Signed 8x10 Photo COA DECEASED

~~Great looking autographed photo by former San Francisco Giants 3rd baseman...Chris Brown.

Chris Brown, former 3rd baseman for the San Francisco Giants, signed this 8x10 color photo with a blue Sharpie. Chris began his career in 1984 with the San Francisco Giants.  He played with the Giants 1984-87, San Diego Padres 1987-88 and Detroit Tigers 1989.  During his career, he played in 449 career games and banged out 410 hits (including 61 doubles, 6 triples and 38 HR's) in 1523 at bats for a .269 batting average.  In 1985, Chris led all NL batsemen with 11 Hit by Pitches and in 1986 he was named to the NL All-Star team.  Chris passed away in Houston, Texas on December 26, 2006, nearly a month after he suffered burns in a fire on November 30 at a vacant house that he owned. 

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...

John Christopher Brown (August 15, 1961 - December 26, 2006) was an American third baseman in Major League Baseball during the 1980s, most notably with the San Francisco Giants.

Born in Jackson, Mississippi, Brown was a notable graduate of Crenshaw High School in Los Angeles, California, where he played high school baseball with Darryl Strawberry. The 1979 Crenshaw High Cougars baseball team was the subject of Michael Sokolove's The Ticket Out: Darryl Strawberry and the Boys of Crenshaw.

Brown was selected by the Giants in the 2nd round (44th overall) during the 1979 amateur draft. After a steady climb through the Giants minor league system, Brown made his major league debut for them in 1984 as a September call-up and quickly entrenched himself as their starting third baseman. In his first full season in 1985, Brown batted .261 with 16 home runs and 61 runs batted in for the last-place Giants, made the All-Rookie team, and finished 4th in the National League Rookie of the Year voting (Vince Coleman of the St. Louis Cardinals won the award by unanimous vote); Brown also led the NL in times being hit by pitch (11). In 1986, Brown batted .317 and made the NL All-Star team after hitting nearly .350 in the season's first half.

But things began to sour at the end of that season for Brown, whose reputation for malingering had preceded him. At the end of 1986 he complained of shoulder soreness, and when initial exams turned up no serious injury, teammates and the media accused him of bailing out. That offseason, an examination by Dr. Frank Jobe in Los Angeles discovered that there was indeed a serious problem, and surgery was performed that winter.

The following season, with Brown hitting a paltry .242 after 38 games, the Giants sent him packing on July 5 along with Keith Comstock, Mark Davis, and Mark Grant in a blockbuster midseason trade to the San Diego Padres in exchange for Kevin Mitchell, Dave Dravecky, and Craig Lefferts. Brown's play declined further as the year progressed, and he ended the year with a .237 average; the Giants went on to win the NL Western division, and the Padres finished in last place. After dropping to a .235 average in 1988 for San Diego, Brown was dealt to the Detroit Tigers and was out of baseball by 1989 at the age of 28. In his career he batted .269 with 38 home runs, 184 RBI, 164 runs, 410 hits and 21 stolen bases in 449 games.

Brown was noted for missing a remarkable number of games (over 250 between 1984 and 1988) due to claimed injuries such as a bruised tooth. The last straw for Tigers manager Sparky Anderson in 1989 came when Brown missed a game after complaining that he "slept on his eye wrong." The Tigers released him soon thereafter, and Brown never returned to the major leagues.

Life after baseball

Chris Brown lived in Houston, Texas with his wife Lisa and their 2 children after retirement.

In 2004, Brown worked in Iraq driving an 18-wheel truck delivering diesel fuel for Halliburton. He took fire on numerous occasions, including in a convoy that was attacked on April 9, 2004, in which six Halliburton drivers and one soldier were killed and another driver kidnapped and later released.[1] By 2006, Brown had returned to the United States.

Brown died at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston on December 26, 2006, nearly a month after he suffered burns in a fire on November 30 at a vacant house he owned in Sugar Land, Texas. He was 45 years of age. Police have never determined if his death was a homicide, suicide, or an accident.

The word, "MCVIKES" will not appear on your photo.  This autographed photo was placed inside a plastic page, the label was placed on top of the plastic page and this photo was then scanned.  If you buy it, you will like it. 

Lifetime guarantee in regards to this autographed photo which also comes with a COA from Gearhart Enterprises, Inc. Member of the UACC. UACC Registered Dealer #RD189.